UnitedHealth Group - OptumRx - Great, great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"OptumRx - Great, great place to work."

Current Employee - Service Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Service Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

#1 pro - Constant growth translates into constant hiring. Constant growth also translates into constant opportunity. Since Dirk has arrived he has demanded respect in a way that really gets people excited working for him.Dirk really gets it, and has a grasp on OptumRx that it needs. OptumRx has stayed very, very competitive with pay vs. the rest of the market.

Cons

No complaints here. In my time here I have had the opportunity to grow, and have been able to witness my fellow employees that work hard also grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to calibrate senior management

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"I will be a better professional in the healthcare arena when working with health related issues."

Current Employee - Field Service Coordinator, LBSW in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Coordinator, LBSW in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have grown Professionally with this company. United Health Group (UHG) is eager to provide a competitive salary with annual bonuses to their employees. UHG is not afraid to allow employees to be telecommuters in which employees work from home which allows the company to provide a better salary.

Cons

UHG really need to evaluate the politics and micromanagement that comes from upper management staff as this reviewer is not sure if the tactics used on lower staff is UHG policy or personality of upper management staff.

Advice to Management

Explore the talent of employees and place talent in best positions that will help company to grow

"Mostly a good experience."

Current Employee - Coach/Supervisor
    Current Employee - Coach/Supervisor

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities for advancement. Several posters here have said you get no training for management. That is not true. I recently got promoted to a coach/supervisor position and have had a lot of training. Although, raises aren't given on a regular basis we did get a raise last week.

Cons

The worst part is benefits. They are very poor. Only 6 paid holidays, no matching for 401K, even though connextions is a subsidiary of a health insurance company the insurance is not very good.

Advice to Management

Employeeds should get regular cost of living raises, more holidays and start matching the 401K. Also examine mid level management. There is a lot of favoritism.