UnitedHealth Group - OptumRx is a strong, growing company with plenty of growth opportunity for the employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"OptumRx is a strong, growing company with plenty of growth opportunity for the employees."

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for over 15 years. The growth of the company has been tremendous. Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement if you are willing to take the chance.

Cons

From rapid growth comes pain. Over the last few years, we have had to grow rapidly adding new offices and employees all over the United States. With this growth, we lose the small and intimate fell of the company. It can be easy for an employee to get “lost” in the business. Management needs to remember we all are a part of the company. Those who have been here 15 years and those only 15 days.

Advice to Management

Love that Dirk provides information and feedback with the Just Add Water (JAW) videos. These videos have been informative, insightful and funny at times. Please keep up the monthly video series. Would like to see Dirk travel to all buildings in all states we have offices and film a JAW video from that office and highlight what goes on there. (call it: JAW - On the Road with Dirk).

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Stressful atmosphere, not enough staff for the amount of work"

Current Employee - Care Advocate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Care Advocate in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Caring coworkers, comfortable working conditions, salary is OK

Cons

Company works hard to add business, but doesn't hire enough staff to manage it. Everyone is doing what should be the work of at least two people. Employees' health insurance is below average; the company reserves its worst benefits packages for its own employees!

Advice to Management

You are burning out your professional staff with the enormous caseloads, and good replacements are hard to find.

"From Pharmacy Clerk To Bill Collector"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For Me, The Short Commute. Beyond That...........

Cons

Began Full Time On April 29, 2013, Trained To Be A Pharmacy Clerk. You Know, Verify Scripts And All That. In July, The Big Wigs Decided To Stop, Without Warning The Members, Their Ship And Bill "Courtesy" As They Called It. Basically, Optum Had Been Shipping Scripts Out And Billing Members. The Vast Majority Of Members Paid Their Bills, While Some Simply Didn't. I Had 1 Account With ZERO Payments Since December of 2012. As A Result Of No Ship And Bill, EVERY Account Without Either A Form Of Payment On File Or A Zero Current/Past Account Balance Receives An Automated Call Telling The Member There's A Problem With Their Latest Script And That Optum Needs To Speak With Them. That's When The Fun Really Begins! Can Anyone Imagine Hassling An Old Lady Over The Phone For A $5.00 Outstanding Payment??? I Bailed Last Week And Am VERY Happy I Did. Optum Is A Micro-Manager's Dream. Believe Me, Think Twice Before You Accept Their Offer Of Employment. What They Offer And What You May End Up Doing Could Be Totally Different.

Advice to Management

Have Dirk Take Some Calls From The Dialer And Hassle Senior Citizens For A $5 Outstanding Balance.