UnitedHealth Group - Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My equal "grade level" co-workers were wonderful to work with. We had a great bond.

Cons

I am a creative person so I would not recommend anyone with that personality type to work in their corporate legal area. Get feedback regarding Management in dept. you are interested.

Advice to Management

Need much better communication among all levels of management to employees. I think Mr. Hemsley is working to improve that problem. I also believe he has what it takes to lead the company forward.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"happy to still have a job!"

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice to be able to work from home, good amount of vacation time, good training and continuing education, good benefits package.

Cons

The communication from the company is not always good, things get changed frequently and without warning. There are stated rules and policies that do not get enforced for the sake of volume over quality which is still going on despite a drop off in available cases.

Advice to Management

try not to let EHR become a company where no one cares about the effect our recommendations have on the actual patients. I think that the CEO should be a physician.

2. "Great company - great opportunity!"

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bright, fast-paced co-workers! Company experienced rapid growth while maintaining good employees and benefits. Great opportunity for promotions if you are smart & work hard. Money has been Great!!

Benefits improved with UHG acquisition - stock plan, 401k match, etc are great benefits!

Company cares about employees and clients!

Cons

Acquisition by UHG was disappointing, and expectations of a publicly-traded company can make life more difficult. Sad to see company slowly transition to UHG culture..

Advice to Management

Push back on expectations from UHG execs.