UnitedHealth Group - Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Talk to employees regarding dept atmosphere before applying for a position in which you are interested."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My equal "grade level" co-workers were wonderful to work with. We had a great bond.

Cons

I am a creative person so I would not recommend anyone with that personality type to work in their corporate legal area. Get feedback regarding Management in dept. you are interested.

Advice to Management

Need much better communication among all levels of management to employees. I think Mr. Hemsley is working to improve that problem. I also believe he has what it takes to lead the company forward.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"happy to still have a job!"

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice to be able to work from home, good amount of vacation time, good training and continuing education, good benefits package.

Cons

The communication from the company is not always good, things get changed frequently and without warning. There are stated rules and policies that do not get enforced for the sake of volume over quality which is still going on despite a drop off in available cases.

Advice to Management

try not to let EHR become a company where no one cares about the effect our recommendations have on the actual patients. I think that the CEO should be a physician.

"A great place if you are unemployed!"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at UnitedHealth Group as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to park while you are looking for the dream job. Does not seem like there is a desire to promote from within. Leadership seems very political.

Cons

Not a place that seems to want to keep talented people, more of a churn and burn type of place. After 7 years, just of handfull of people remain.

Advice to Management

Don't think offering advice to management would do any good. I think their focus is almost exclusivly on the stock price and not on thier customers or employee.