UnitedHealth Group - Great place to work! The overall environment was wonderful. The company strives to give back to the community. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Great place to work! The overall environment was wonderful. The company strives to give back to the community."

Former Employee - Health Advisor in Tonawanda, NY
Former Employee - Health Advisor in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and management was generally pleasant and fair. Many opportunities to advance if you are good at what you do, you will be recognized.

Cons

Fair company to work for if you like the call center atmosphere. (Basically, you will be penalized if you go to the bathroom when not on a break or lunch, but your metrics will even out of you are careful and know how to be mindful of your time for breaks, lunches and be efficient)

Advice to Management

A particular member of management was not as fair as she could be because she felt her own medical problems were greater than her co worker or employees medical or personal issues and showed little compassion.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. "Great company continuously growing"

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at UnitedHealth Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as an intern and was very much impressed by the overall atmosphere and growth of the company. I t was voted Best places to work

Cons

Job could sometimes be dull on slow days but overall I was kept busy and learned a great deal

"They are not who they say they are. All Fluff, a lot of phony business."

Former Employee - Phone Provider Representative in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Phone Provider Representative in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just a few good people and the benefits.

Cons

Before starting there I saw some bad reviews and chose to ignore them. I'm sorry that I did. It actually was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. The job description did not match the actual job at all, and the way I had to treat providers on the telephone was terrible and so unprofessional. I couldn't wait to leave the job. They say they are all about great customer service but that is not true, the bottom line is they want you to rush people off the phone as fast as possible even if you have not completed your call with them. People end up calling back over and over to accomplish what they wanted to accomplish in the first call. Everything is all about having a low telephone call handling time. That is all they are concerned with. That is the real truth. As far as management, ha ha ha ha ha, let me count the managers, there is one for every occasion. Some nice, some extremely phony, and you never know who you are really dealing with because they might be stabbing you in the back when you aren't looking. That just about sums it up, do with this information what you will, I am just offering you truthful information about UnitedHealth Care in Oldsmar, Florida.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on what is really going on with some of your employees that work there. Your heads are too far up in the clouds to see who the real hard workers are that really give your providers the best customer service, you are more interested in quick handling time instead of really servicing the provider the way they should be serviced.