UnitedHealth Group - Could be worse. | Glassdoor

"Could be worse."

Current Employee - Service Account Manager in Green Bay, WI
Current Employee - Service Account Manager in Green Bay, WI

Pros

You are able to grow with the company. With locations all over the country you can move to other offices, work from home, or other flexable arangement.

Cons

The insureance we get offered. The accounts that we service have better coverage then we get offered. Our pay, last year we did not receive rasies, but as a company we had 70 billion in sales.

Advice to Management

Pay us more, give us better insureance coverage, improve commuication to employees, and you will have a workforce that will fight really hard to do what you ask when the time comes that we have to chagne the way we operate.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"All around good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

People make the difference. In my years at UHG I've worked with a really great goup of people and that makes all of the difference. The work/life balance is appropriate, I've been given very generaous flexibility to work remotely as needed (especially helpful during snow storms and when the kids are sick). I've had numerous managers provide positive feedback for my work. Sometimes just a note of thanks othertimes a $ bonus. So good performance is often recognized.
    Training is a priority. Management is open to change (often driven by quality improvement initiatives).
    I've had good success with internal career advancement here. Much of this is due to networking and reaching across groups. It takes patience and persistance. HR is not a key driver in this process... managers are.
    disclaimer... UHG is a large companie and with all large companies there is variation. I've heard of other areas in the organization which are not the same. My experience is greatly influenced by immediate managers and directors.

other positive items.. 401k, ample time off.

Cons

Medical benefits are so-so. UHG often tests out new products on it's own... CDHP aka high deductible health plans are the primary offering. So just cause they sell "Cadillac" plans to their customers, don't expect it working here.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees and improving consistency of positive working environments. Career advancement is what keeps people around so keep investing in your people. ULA is the best thing that happend to UHG, get it going again (not just CBT).... also.. offshoring is good and all but don't over do it.

2. "Decent for Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

Time off when needed. Flexible. Ability to grow.

Cons

switching postions in company doesn't pay the same if you were out of company and coming in.

Advice to Management

Think about the employees that currently work with us to make the company better. Make sure things are done to better everyone, not just said.