UnitedHealth Group - I really enjoyed my staff, peers and leadership of the company. I loved my job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"I really enjoyed my staff, peers and leadership of the company. I loved my job."

Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company mission statement, the integrity of the customer service, and the work ethics of the entry level to mid management employees. Salary, all other benefits except medical benefits.

Cons

The upper leadership was more worried about the stockholder and the board of directors then the employees that were making the company successful for the stockholders and board of directors. The company became too corporate like the banks are. The amount of money the top 10 employees of the company make way too much money, compared to their workers.

Advice to Management

When you cut the budget of the staff that is speaking to your customers year after year may end up being a mistake. When you have a team that 90% of the team is exceeding in all the goals of the department but because of the budget some of those staff members that have been there a long time do not get a merit increase is wrong. Especially when the ungodly amount of bonus the CEO received was publish in a newspaper that was sent around the entry level staff of the company. Yes he did what he said he was going to do in his 5 year plan, but some of that money could have gone to the employees that put up with all the changes and screw ups that got him there. Also you have business going off shore that I believe legally should not be going off shore. This may also come back to hurt this company which is too bad because it really was not a bad company to work for. I was laid off due to budget cuts which was a business decision that I understand. But I still have a lot of friends in the company and I do not want them impacted by this possible legal and ethical issue.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the coworkers make it enjoyable to be there and to get through an otherwise lack luster employment experience

Cons

Terrible benefits, pay is below average especially if you are promoted internally. Inconsistent management practices and most promotions seem to be based on who you know, not what qualifications you posses or previous experience. Recruiting practices seem to be shady and growth opportunities few and far between.

"poor"

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the little weekly pay,and thats it

Cons

I never understood how a company that says that they care about there employees do the total 180 once your hired.They suck when it comes to paying there mgnt staff,they lie about almost everything,if your promise pfp you better have all your ducks in order or you wont get sqaut!!!!. And if you are one of the stupid people who likes this company and come to work with a great attitude they will find a way to tear you down over the dumbest stuff. How do you expect to reep the benefits of your fruit tree if you keep chopping it down. OM seem to forgot when they wer agents and go out of there way to get hard working need a check to make ends meets people fired. this is just a revolving door and you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Stop and look what your doing to people, one day its going to come back and bite you.