UnitedHealth Group - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recovery/Resolution Specialist in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Senior Recovery/Resolution Specialist in Franklin, TN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they offer pretty good benefits

Cons

do not offer good raises or bonuses

Advice to Management

evaluate your pay increases and considered your employees for bonuses and not keep all the money for management

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"I've enjoyed my time here, but this is a part time contract position."

Current Employee - RN, Case Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - RN, Case Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience as a case manager for an insurance company working with a variety of different types of people who have various conditions. I get to use my assessment skills as well as providing the clients with education related to their conditions and I also like the aspect of the position that allows me to provide clients with assistance to help them with many different situations they may be facing.

Cons

The referrals are not at a steady rate because it is only part time. I only get to see the clients one time; I don't know if they are successful in managing their health for the long term. This is a contract position.

Advice to Management

It would be useful to ask the field nurses for their input when creating some of the forms that are used during the assessments. It would also be nice if United would hire full time positions from some of the nurses that are currently working as contract nurses. I am not aware if they do that.

"No opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Depending on the department/length of employment: flex time, 8 hours of accrued paid time off/pay period.

Cons

Depending on the department, getting a manager that supports continued skill and career growth can be non-existent. There's no career growth after hitting a certain grade level. When open positions on a team become available, outside candidates are offered 20-50% more in salary than internal candidates. The only way to move up is applying for open positions.

Advice to Management

Executive level management is very approachable for communications. But middle management is over scheduled and not available to support direct reports. Also depending on the market, salaries are below competitive wages for the same positions with other companies in the same market. This leads to excellent talent pursuing other opportunities instead of continuing to be a value to UHG.