UnitedHealth Group - "Churn and burn" is accurate label | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

""Churn and burn" is accurate label"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job.Telecommuting is allowed, depending on manager's preferences (this can vary, even within a small group).

Cons

Where to start? The company is good at buying other companies, but terrible at integrating them. Result: constant conflict on the department and individual level. We have archaic systems, and yet the company constantly brags about how innovative we are. Work/life balance is laughably nonexistent. Employees are poorly trained. I work in an area where documents are reviewed by numerous individuals, and few can handle Word or PDF documents. Responsibilities are poorly defined between groups, leaving considerable overlap, and employees often end up expressing opinion rather than contributing anything substantial. In my immediate group promotions go to friends of the director. Company has been on a cost-cutting binge for the past 5 years, so compensation is minimal. Health benefits are worse than the much smaller non-profit I came from. The office set-up is a huge cube farm. This makes for a very distracting environment. The company expresses very lofty corporate values, but they are completely aspiration. No consistency among members of work groups in how jobs are performed; this also leads to conflict and confusion in interacting with other work groups.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Worked here over 5 years."

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time

Pros

Good people and very hard workers.

Cons

Culture of fear. They do not mean what they say. The future is very bleak for this company because everyone is in it for themselves...they don't care about the success of the company and lining the pockets of upper management. It is awful to be a manager at this company.

Advice to Management

Churn and burn is very short sighted!

"Better than most"

Current Employee - PROVIDER Services in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - PROVIDER Services in Houston, TX

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities if you want a career and not just another. Job.

Cons

favoritism and politics are very real. Keep to yourself and do your job

Advice to Management

Your employees are people, not whimsical machines.