UnitedHealth Group - Working at United Healthcare is very much like I would imagine assembly line work. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Working at United Healthcare is very much like I would imagine assembly line work."

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The stability of the company is a plus, wages are good, the telecommuting is a very big plus. The staff are great to work with and most of the managers are there to help you.

Cons

Upper management is not real open to ideas. There is disconnect between the company values and the reality.

Advice to Management

Consider sitting with staff to understand what their job is or as a reminder if it is something you have done in the past. This will allow focus to be placed on what could benefit work flow and increase productivity. And stop selling the business concept to nurses we will never put business before caring for people.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"unstable company"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits and many different areas where you can go. They do a lot of cross training for their positions.

Cons

The leadership department is very self-centered and only lookout for themselves. There isn't much growth opportunity when it comes to promotions. Most times the jobs are promoted and when you attempt to interview for them, you're turned down because you're under qualified. The pay is not at all competitive for the workflow provided.

Advice to Management

Every wise management knows that their strength lies in their employees. If the employees are happy, everyone else is happy. I would advise the management team to keep this in mind!

"I'm here for the decent health insurance"

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

health premiums and nothing else is pro

Cons

False promises
    No advancement opportunity
    Lots of cost cutting
    Pay is low and increases are very small even with high productivity and high remarks on reviews
    Some departments have no money to hand out for pay for performance
    Lies, Lies, Lies
    Politics
    Upper Management incompetent and does not understand or appreciate the grunt workers.
    Always talking about challenges ahead every year but constantly spouting out the billions in revenue.