UnitedHealth Group - Average | Glassdoor

"Average"

Current Employee - Report Analyst in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Report Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Telecommute was very convenient

Cons

No overtime pay for extra time spent

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I don’t have any too many great things to say about UHG, my opinion being the largest health care Company. I think they should find better ways to look after their employees and Insured, because that’s who helps this company. : (

Cons

Especially for APIPA, AZ unorganized their CS dept. wheel snack carts all day long and manager is playing either his floor golf or WII with his favorite Supervisors and CS agents. While calls are backed up, claims don’t get paid due to most agents are not well train or don’t have enough time. Calls are transfer because they don’t know who can answer the customer’s questions currently? Sorry but that’s the true.

Advice to Management

You can never say anything bad about Management or Supervisors but they have their favorites and they already know who is going to get the next position that opens up. And if you know how to kiss those feet or lower yourself, it’s all yours. That’s how the world turns, in most cases. Not always some of us have to work very hard to get there, it just a few more years. : ) Love my life. Health insurance deductible is very high outrages for their employees. For School they can"t start paying for your school until after 1 yr. of service, ect.

2. "Bad, but not the worst"

Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent/Member Outreach Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent/Member Outreach Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

weekly paycheck, they'll pay for your insurance licensing, they'll try to put you on another account when the season ends if your numbers are up to par, I've worked here twice and things have improved since 2012

Cons

deceptive business practices, very low hiring and promotion standards, commission is low and often unobtainable (they'll try and find a way not to pay it), treated like children, you are replaceable, incompetent management who's power happy and lacks leadership skills, rules selectively enforced

Advice to Management

Quit