UnitedHealth Group - Customer Service | Glassdoor

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I don’t have any too many great things to say about UHG, my opinion being the largest health care Company. I think they should find better ways to look after their employees and Insured, because that’s who helps this company. : (

Cons

Especially for APIPA, AZ unorganized their CS dept. wheel snack carts all day long and manager is playing either his floor golf or WII with his favorite Supervisors and CS agents. While calls are backed up, claims don’t get paid due to most agents are not well train or don’t have enough time. Calls are transfer because they don’t know who can answer the customer’s questions currently? Sorry but that’s the true.

Advice to Management

You can never say anything bad about Management or Supervisors but they have their favorites and they already know who is going to get the next position that opens up. And if you know how to kiss those feet or lower yourself, it’s all yours. That’s how the world turns, in most cases. Not always some of us have to work very hard to get there, it just a few more years. : ) Love my life. Health insurance deductible is very high outrages for their employees. For School they can"t start paying for your school until after 1 yr. of service, ect.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

1. "Good Company. Good base pay and Bonus structure."

Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Advisor in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Managers are very smart and chosen carefully from within the organization. The work is challenging and interesting. Productivity expectations are clearly spelled out and goals are realistic.

Cons

There is tension in the air as new government regulations have taken away the company's clients need for some of it's services so job security is not very high.

Advice to Management

Continue to find new oppportunities to expand the services available to the company's clients.

"Average"

Current Employee - Report Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Report Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Telecommute was very convenient

Cons

No overtime pay for extra time spent