UnitedHealth Group - About what you would expect. Meh. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"About what you would expect. Meh."

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities are there if you properly politic, brown-nose, and drink the kool-aid (must live in MN tho). If you are in a high demand area and like your direct upline, it is bearable.

Cons

You truly are just a number. The benefits are not what you would expect, and the raises are minimal. Record revenues =/= decent raises to employees. They use any possible upcoming negative to cry "Austerity!" when it comes to pay increases. Human Capital may as well be named Human Chattel. Offshoring is rapidly increasing, layoffs are becoming routing, but the the culture is changing! (to a culture of fear).

Advice to Management

Stop changing the segment leadership so often. I am not sure what you think you gain from that. Stop wringing profits from the backs of your employees. Austerity should start from the top down.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Love the position but HR involvement makes it very difficult to move around in the company"

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, rewards for doing a good job, flexible schedules, excellent pay, great immediate supervisor, supportive team, good training, feeling of accomplishment.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are ridiculous for a risk aversive, health conscious company. I applied for a another position within the company and HR treated me like I was an outsider despite excellent references from management. HR scheduled me for a screening interview and made me wait three weeks just to do that initial piece. Then I received the "thanks but no thanks" rejection email. Would have respected an honest approach from the beginning. If you are not interested in me for whatever reason be up front and transparent. Don't call me and schedule me to interview for a position that you clearly have no intention of considering me for.

Advice to Management

Transparency and better health care benefits.

"not bad"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at UnitedHealth Group as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Professional, good environment, good benefits, good opportunity

Cons

no development, weird hiring process,boring