UnitedHealth Group - Mixed Feelings with United Health Group Employment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Mixed Feelings with United Health Group Employment"

Current Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Nurse in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Working from home. Benefits package is excellent.

Cons

Top down management who treat employees with a lack of regard. Lack of acknowledgement on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

They should make an effort to treat employees with dignity, respect, and as professionals. Avoid sending groups of employees emails in which the inappropriate use of terseness and lack of regard for staff as they would wish to be treated. Need to educate managers on leadership trends in today's world, then follow through to encourage employees to speak up. Also, soliciting ideas from employee's would be beneficial for the company. We have great ideas. Nobody wants to hear them. Ultimately, member satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and fiscal health would be the results.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"The truth as I see it."

Current Employee - Health Advisor in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Health Advisor in Green Bay, WI

Pros

We really try to beat the stereotype of the big bad insurance company. I feel good about going to work every day as I know that I am empowered to help people. I have never seen a claim denied just because we are trying to save money. We have policies that are laid out that dictate how we pay claims, all of them based on medical evidence, not the bottom line.

Cons

In a company this big communication between departments is very difficult. If I have to get work somewhere it can take a long time to get it back, this affects my ablity to help the people that contact me.

Advice to Management

Wake up, we need to focus on the customer and provider relationship, once we do that the money will follow.

"Optumhealth needs stronger middle management"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Albany, NY

Pros

My job allows me to work at home & have some flexible hours.I wanted to be out of the hospital setting be closer to home so I could be with my kids. I am able to be home when my teenage kids are around.I am a single mother so it menas alot for me to be at home when they get home from school.I get about 5 wks vacation time & at 5 yrs another week is added.If my kids are sick I don't have to call in sick, I can still work.Miss less days of work because I work at home.

Cons

My manager is a micro manager (like a babysitter).There is little information shared between upper & middle management to the front line.Money could be spent better on a $6 per hr babysitter than what we have.The health insurance benfeits for a insurance company is terrible in comparison.Upper management doesn't seem to ever want to listen to the lower level staff about issues concerning middle management. The program seems to have been thrown together overnight & not given much thought to the BIG picture.More thought should be given to the people running the behind the scenes.Poorly planned lauching of new department.

Advice to Management

To get their act together open their eyes & get a stronger management team in place where it needs to be.Poor managers produce unmotivated employees.