UnitedHealth Group - Good place to start | Glassdoor

"Good place to start"

Current Employee - Client Manager in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Client Manager in Hartford, CT

Pros

Flexible work schedule - fast paced, ever changing landscape - exposure to senior management - great networking opportunity - career advancement

Cons

Salary low for what is required - Communication between cross functional businesses is poor -

Advice to Management

Better raises will retain high performers - Increase bonus

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Run Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

Cafeteria onsite, of course you will never have time to sit and eat there. Bright coworkers.

Cons

I should have paid attention to comments about UHC when I got the job offer. I see from salary listings here that they lied when they said they were putting me in at the top of the pay scale. I was recruited to replace my immediate supervisor without their telling him. A small but notable illustration of how things work there.

Advice to Management

Big brother atmosphere is crushing to any initiative or creativity.

"Do not work for UHC!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Iselin, NJ

Pros

Salary including 1 year guarantee, benefits offered on day one of employement, vacation/sick time off, telecommute

Cons

Too many VP's, Managers, Directors and mutiple layers of management, my own personal experience working for my manager was the worst experience I have experienced in my career, not professional, rude, 24/7 e-mail's, traveling for meetings that were not necessary, training that did not help, pricing of products uncompetitive, favoring other employees, work week was not even close to 40 hours, cost of employee benefits were very high, impossible to get problems taking care of with the layers of departments and 1-800 #'s.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and trust. More training and developing and time for learning what their job consists of. When focusing on the bottom line of #'s and profits look into the real reason the products are selling or not selling in a marketplace.