UnitedHealth Group - Satisfied working for UHG | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Satisfied working for UHG"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minnetonka, MN
Current Employee - Project Manager in Minnetonka, MN

Pros

I do feel like my opinion is respected and my work is appreciated. I feel the compensation package is fair, and am satisfied with my salary.

Cons

Because it is such a large company, it is often hard to find the right person who handles a particular task or job. You tend to get to know the people within your small area, and a few contacts in other areas, but it can be a challenge to find subject matter experts when its an area you haven't dealt with before. Also, I find that when a problem is identified, no one wants to volunteer to fix the problem. Everyone stands around and agrees there is a problem and looks at each other but doesn't say "I will take the lead to fix that".

Advice to Management

Too much time is spent meeting to discuss issues, and not enough time is spent solving the issues. Pay attention to ALL members of your team, not just the squeaky wheel.

Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

"Management"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in West Chester, OH

Pros

Possibility to work from home. Some flex time available. 28 days vacation

Cons

micro-management, managers have no formal education, managers prefer to watch every keystroke the employees make rather than do the job that they were hired to do. Preferentrial treatment to those who dont perform. Lies about daily activities and future plans of the company.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanagement and baby sitting your employees. The majority of the employee hired have more education and experience than the managers.

"OK, but far from being the best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Pros

Stable and growing company providing some job security. Salary is comparable, or slightly higher, to other organizations of the same size. Admirable mission. Employees are able to work from home. Some flexibility in work hours.

Cons

Top-heavy in management (my dept alone has 3 levels of management!!!). Poor work-life balance - employees expected to work evenings and weekends regularly, with no "comp time" (My dept has been told they're expected to put in 50 hours a week!). Divisions within the company work in silos, causing some duplicate efforts, as well as confusion and mis-management. Too many managers who shouldn't be! (One recently-hired manager was let go from a previous employer for poor performance.) Health insurance benefits are the worst I've ever seen, and get worse each year. It's getting to the point that I can't afford to work here.

Advice to Management

Clean house of middle-management. Knock down walls between divisions. Work on improving health insurance benefits!