Unity Technologies - It was good, but could have been so much better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Unity Technologies

"It was good, but could have been so much better."

Current Employee - Channel Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Channel Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Unity Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros are friendly people, a great CEO, smart people, good lunches, nice conferences, good travel support.

Cons

Politics now need to be managed better as the company is growing so fast and inter and intra group dynamics could be nicer. The sales team folks are set up to compete against each other and the channels - which is a bit bizarre.

There is also no process for career development or job sharing across divisions to stimulate employee growth. Management from overseas occasionally tries to manage directly, but does not understand the nitty-gritty of the dog eat dog sales world the employees on the sales team live with and manage every day.

The vision of the company and it's investors, and tactics to reach the vision is too short term for most of their business development managers to get the deals the company needs longer term (after 3-5 years out).

Advice to Management

Clean up your sales team asap as it's unbalanced with weak, but aggressive commission focused, inexperienced people on one side, but with stellar biz dev folks who are being kept behind the race horse gate on the other side. Move all sales management to SF, to avoid unnecessary miscommunication which runs rampant thru the various sales and marketing teams.

Other Employee Reviews for Unity Technologies

1. "Good working envirnment"

Former Employee - Junior QA Engineer in Vilnius (Lithuania)
    Former Employee - Junior QA Engineer in Vilnius (Lithuania)

I worked at Unity Technologies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment
    Good payment
    Free food!

Cons

Can't think of any right now

2. "Best HR process I have experienced"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Unity Technologies as an intern

Pros

The whole process was transparent and very professional. When I got the email for an interview, the HR shared the LinkedIn of the interviewer to help me prepare and know the interview beforehand. Everyone does this, and it was pleasantly surprising that their HR offered this information. The interview was also great - I had it with the HR, hiring manager and team. Lastly, a lot of thought was put in the onboarding process that made integrating so easy.

Cons

I don't see any cons from my experience at Unity.