Univera Healthcare - My experience was of being actively informed of job performance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Univera Healthcare

"My experience was of being actively informed of job performance."

Former Employee - Medical Claims Reviewer
Former Employee - Medical Claims Reviewer

Pros

Flexibility within the organization for time off.

Cons

A great deal of gossip with the people.

Advice to Management

Your leadership was great I believe, and I do not suggest anything at this time.

Other Employee Reviews for Univera Healthcare

1. "Individual market supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Cheektowaga, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Cheektowaga, NY

I have been working at Univera Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free health insurance, lots of paid time off. Great work life balance. Boss is great. Pay is decent. Good environment. Very laid back.

Cons

Really nothing bad I can say. Zero complaints about my job. Lots of opportunity to move up. Great work life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work promoting positive work environment. People really do appreciate it.

2. "Good Place for Beginners, but Paltry Pay"

Former Contractor - Contractor in Williamsville, NY
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Univera Healthcare as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a clean cafeteria and an industry-standard software development process. The environment is a good place to learn for beginners.

Cons

The commute can be daunting for those who use public transportation, as it is located outside in the Williamsville suburbs. For me, it took two bus trips and the NFTA subway.

Unfortunately, their compensation was not competitive at the time I worked. Many people have moved on to get huge raises. They may have also cut legitimate developers from their staff in an attempt to take things in-house and offloaded the workload to non-developers to reduce labor costs. They also hired a lot of H1B and their English wasn't the best at times.

Advice to Management

I understand they are an insurance company and they need to keep costs down from all corners, but what happens when a complex extract needs to be built to meet a government standard (Medicare) or when legacy code fails? The in-house approach of assigning non-trained programmers the task to save on labor may lead to the solution taking longer than what it should and being error riddled.