Universal Health Services - 14 years is a long time!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Universal Health Services

"14 years is a long time!!!"

Former Employee - Team Leader in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Team Leader in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It stayed on top of the latest technology within reason. Employees are encouraged to improve processes by utilizing technology and reducing overall cost to the company and the environment.

From an organization perspective I feel UHS is an excellent company with good financials. If you are part of upper management it is very lucrative.

Cons

IS Department morale is low overall. Management is never content with the work that is performed by the teams. Many of us put between 50 and 60 hours on average a week and get little or no merit increase at the end of the year. We are told telecommuting is not allowed, so everyone has to come in the office for 40 hours. However, just about everyone in IT/IS work from home to keep up with the work load past the 40 hours. We are constantly reminded that we are lucky to have a job!

The department/company wasn't always this way. . . Lot has changed in the last 5 years!

Advice to Management

Upper Management has no clue what goes on in the department at least in IT/IS from my experience. Perhaps, they should have conversations with the employees and not just the Directors and VPs.

Other Employee Reviews for Universal Health Services

"A roller coaster ride that never quite makes it to the top..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I'd like to be able to say some nice things about this company, after all I invested a significant portion of my life here. They have a great benefits program and have done a great job of controlling costs to employees.

Cons

The Kansas City Campus (Two Rivers Psychiatric Hospital) has been in a state of turmoil for over four years and the drama continues. There have been 9 new CEOs of this facility in the last four years. The facility has battled to remain in compliance with State and Federal Regulations, but always seems to fall short. CMS has issued 90-day notices on several occasions, which would end Medicare Fudning and effectively shut down the facility. Several key senior management positions have turned over, leaving a sophomore class of inexperienced leaders.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at this facility--do you even want to be in this market? Get an electronic medical record system in place. Learn to treat employees like the professionals you'd like them to be. Suggest that the CEO leave his office on occasion and get out among staff.

2. "They really care about their patients. The bottom line is second, then the employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Universal Health Services full-time

Pros

Loved the people there. They become your family. Hated to leave but I needed more money.

Cons

Make you feel like you're lucky to be there. Not that they are lucky to have you.