Universal Orlando Resort - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Security in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Security in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's like having a theme park at your disposal. The perks were great. Get to me people from all over the world and also meet celebrities. Halloween Horror Nights, Mardi Gras, Rock the Universe were great events. Great concerts.

Cons

The summer time was brutal and the afternoon rain showers could be bad and flood the parks out.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

Other Employee Reviews for Universal Orlando Resort

1. "An interesting and fun place to work. People with a true passion for guest service."

Former Employee - Entertainment in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Entertainment in Orlando, FL

I worked at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Universal is a great place to network. The company has an open door policy so employees can always speak with mid-level and upper management about ideas and concerns. The company also provides a great benefits package as well as a good 401K program. Best of all you get to work in a theme park! It's like getting paid to play. Guest service is key at Universal, so you really have to have a passion for the service industry. It is your duty no matter what department you are in to provide exemplary guest service through problem solving and quick thinking.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a communication breakdown. As with any large fast paced company, sometimes communications get "lost in translation" and/or forgotten all together. You really need to stay on your toes and ask a lot of questions to make sure you have all the necessary information to do your job.

Advice to Management

Pay Attention!! Senior Managers, hold your management teams accountable for mistakes, no matter how small. Take care of the hourly employees, they are the life blood of every department. Keep their morale high and your guests will be happy and your business will always yield high returns.

2. "Happy to be a team member @GCC (Not parks)."

Current Employee - Sales-GCC (Call Center) in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales-GCC (Call Center) in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Orlando Resort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movie previews. Insurance for PT. Free food often. Enjoy the people there. They hire fun/happy people. I love everyone there. Free park access. Get to sell fun not something boring like insurance or something. All management at GCC is helpful and sweet and I don't feel "outcasted" or "beneath" them as an individual. I haven't had a job in a while and I'm so glad they didn't look at that. They looked at my personality. I really enjoy my job.

Cons

Small break room. No onsite food cafe or anything.

Advice to Management

Maybe move into bigger building? Otherwise, nothing yet. They are always trying to improve something for us and I applaud that.