Universal Protection Service - Not for everybody. | Glassdoor

"Not for everybody."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Universal Protection Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid and its a job. Post isn't half bad.

Cons

I could write a book on it. But to name a few............

- Low pay. If you think paying out of your pocket nearly 200 dollars or more to get a class D license warrants getting paid barely over minimum wage with no possibility of a raise then go for it.

-Ive worked for two different companies in this field. Both were the same. See it isn't just one person that I could put a finger on. Sometimes the Supervisor was cool and others were jerks for no reason than to prove who was in control. Power trips galore.

-I'm a model employee. Never been written up or gotten in trouble and have been there over a year. Still treated like a green horn. No raise of any kind.

- What I've seen with the supervisors gives me the chills that anyone would be that desperate enough to take that position with all they have to deal with. They work on 12.00 per hour salary and probably work 6 to 7 days a week at well over 40 hours a week with no compensation. Honestly I don't think my supervisor gets more than a few hours a sleep per day. Some have to drive their own cars all over town.

-They make promises of bonuses for things like 1 years anniversaries but never come through.

Advice to Management

For starters don't send out memos of things the company will do but then go back on it when the time comes to pay out. Pay employees more or at least give raises of some kind every few months. Give an incentive for your employees to go above and beyond.

Other Employee Reviews for Universal Protection Service

"Don't work here it is NOT worth the headache."

Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Universal Protection Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Site Project Manager likes looking at inappropriate materials while working and thinks it is funny to see your reaction.

Cons

Pay doesn't match the responsibilities of the job. Checking fire extinguishers, emergency lights, emergency eyewashes, and SCBAs at a very large facility.

Advice to Management

Get out of security. We are doing maintenance jobs not security.

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Security Professional in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Security Professional in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Universal Protection Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very proactive about helping finding qualified individuals to find the right jobs.

Cons

Did not get paid for holidays.

Advice to Management

Better communication with your employees is very important. Didn't really experience that at my time with UPS.