UniversalPegasus International - Not a good place to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for UniversalPegasus International

"Not a good place to work for"

Former Employee - Engineer
Former Employee - Engineer

Pros

The paycheck is above market average. They have multiple projects to run, the business is more stable than its competitors.

Cons

-lots of managers with no degree, rude to the employee, and have no respect to anyoe
-employess either worry about layoff or play office politics
-project management are poor, always have to wait the last minute to get response, than work overtime
-no promotion or raise until you complain. You have to be your boss's buddy to get promoted.

Advice to Management

get rid of the old "Buddy System", promote people with talent and knowledge. Encourage training and industry knowledge share. build up a career development plan for every employee

Other Employee Reviews for UniversalPegasus International

"Unpredictable and unreliable"

Pros

In normal circumstances the pay is fairly good for someone with a limited education, but for the field it is very low. Decent job if you're desperate and need the short term money.

Cons

No great opportunities for advancement. A promotion means that you are in a higher position, but also that you have less experience in that position than someone else so you are more likely to be laid off with no chance to go back down to your original position. The work is unpredictable. They do not care about your performance when it comes to raises or advancement. It’s who your friends are in the company or just being at the right place at the right time. Regardless if it is your fault or not, if the job you are currently on is ending there is no reassignment based on experience, you simply get laid off. Paychecks are decent overall, but hourly is only a step out of minimum wage so overtime doesn't help all that much. For the past 3 years there have been no bonuses.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Base a person's wage and whether or not to be laid off on experience, not friends and luck.

2. "Company on the move!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for UniversalPegasus many years, and have been given many opportunities to grow and learn throughout my career. Additionally, I am thankful for the encouragement and opportunity to obtain several important certifications in my field (the company paid for). I have been given the tools I need to succeed in my career, and receive a very competitive salary in the industry.
    One of the biggest strengths of our company is the ability of Jr. Engineers who work hard grow from entry level to PM or management positions. I have seen it happen over and over again. As a rule people are not pigeonhold.
    Sure, there have been ups and downs in the industry, and it has been tough. But we are on the upswing now and I am excited about our future!

Cons

Benefits, but everyone is hopeful this will improve soon with the upturn in business

Advice to Management

Continue the good work, stay focused, always remember the worker bees!