University of Arizona - Office of Admissions | Glassdoor
  1. "Office of Admissions"

Current Employee - Admissions in New Tucson, AZ

I have been working at University of Arizona full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tucson, AZ has a low cost of living. Overall the campus community is very laid back, with a fun atmosphere and the students seem to be taken care of.

Cons

Looking back on my time at UA I am thankful that I experienced the environment that I did. Now, I know how not to run an admissions office. The overall environment is filled with people who think they are apart of some weird clique-y club with a very selective membership. The office leadership has been in place for the past 10 years with the leader being around for the past 20+ years. This office is filled with "lifers" who were born in Tucson, went to school at UA and now work there and who will retire from there as well. You can image what type of leadership style the breeds. All unclassified employees (non-civil service), are employed on a yearly contract. Do not expect your contract to be renewed in this department unless you are in with the "in crowd" or you are a typical "yes-man/woman" and do not challenge authority. Many who have somehow managed to last year-to-year, apply for other jobs...and surprise, surprise, they advance professionally and they actually enjoy working at the University. I know so many who have relocated or made major changes in their personal lives expecting to at least be employed in the admissions office for 2-3 years. Sadly many only last an average of one year...just one year!! It is evident the leadership does not know how to implement effective, lasting change.

Continue reading
    University of Arizona2015-09-19
  1. "Great place to work, very friendly faculty"

Current Employee - Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at University of Arizona part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The living expense in Tucson is pretty cheap. The faculty are very helpful and friendly, which makes it easier to work with them on some research project.

Cons

The weather in the summer is unbearable. Some areas (the South) are not very safe

University of Arizona2020-02-11
  2. "9 month appointment professor"

Former Employee - Professor

I worked at University of Arizona full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits and location very good

Cons

mission uncertainty in my area

University of Arizona2020-02-17

Discover more reviews about University of Arizona.