University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences - Depends on Who You Work For - Careful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

"Depends on Who You Work For - Careful"

Former Employee - Project Analyst in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Project Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I worked at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great State Benefits. New Equipment. Decent Cafeteria.

Cons

If you are unlucky enough to work for a crappy boss, there is not much hope for you. During my time there, I worked for a very socially-inept Department Chair at one of the Colleges who was disorganized, unprofessional, and prone to play the "blame game" when he forgot to tell me very important pieces of information that I was supposed to be handling.
He threw me under the bus more times than I could count and had been through 2 project managers before me. Apparently the Dean of the College was oblivious to the fact that maybe it wasn't "everybody else" who had the problem. Sadly, this Department Chair is still there and has been through 3 more PM's since I left.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has a PHD behind their name doesn't make them a good boss. There should be a review where employees can give feedback and also better attention on how many secretaries and project assistants certain Department Chairs go through.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

1. "Satisfactory place to work"

Current Employee - Research Technologist in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Research Technologist in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, opportunites for advancement, tuition assistance

Cons

lack of communication campus wide

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and many opportunities to grow

Cons

Seems to grow too fast at times, constant construction