University of California Berkeley - Great Learning Experience, and Amazing people. Learn a lot of life skills. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of California Berkeley

"Great Learning Experience, and Amazing people. Learn a lot of life skills."

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Berkeley, CA
Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Berkeley, CA

I worked at University of California Berkeley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people as colleagues, Free room and Board, always a chance to learn something new. Never a dull moment. Great Student Job. From what I have seen, better than RAing at a lot of other schools

Cons

From what I have seen, can be pretty hit or miss with RD's. A lot of unnecessary components to the job - doing rounds, required paper publicity, making a bubble for residents that are just going to get more hurt when they go into the real world.

Advice to Management

STOP FIRING RD's that are doing a good Job!

Other Employee Reviews for University of California Berkeley

1. "Great Work Place!"

Current Employee - Student Assistant in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The attorneys and law professors are really nice and helpful. Everyone here is kind and willing to help you connect with other law folks. My supervisor is great, warm and friendly and really makes sure that all the student assistants are well taken cared of.

Cons

There are no downside aside from the fact that I'm not sure if they hire students who are not on work-study.

2. "Wonderful community in some ways, but also a lot of disfunction and mediocrity."

Current Employee - Student Academic Advisor II in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Student Academic Advisor II in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at University of California Berkeley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some brilliant, hardworking, passionate people. Some awesome, inspiring students and faculty. Beautiful work environment (campus), decent benefits, perks of being in a university setting and occasionally going to lectures. Also perks like being able to use the on-campus art studio!

Cons

Huge bureaucracy, lot's of disfunction, lot's of unevenness in terms of the skills and competencies of other staff. Often felt that higher level administration had no idea what was going on, didn't listen, didn't care.