University of Central Oklahoma - It's true that UCO is one of the nation's Great Colleges to Work For (The Chronicle of Higher Education thinks so, too!) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Central Oklahoma

"It's true that UCO is one of the nation's Great Colleges to Work For (The Chronicle of Higher Education thinks so, too!)"

Current Employee - Manager Employee Relations in Edmond, OK
Current Employee - Manager Employee Relations in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for this thriving metropolitan University is exceptionally rewarding, especially considering that it is the University's mission to help students learn and become productive and engaged citizens. That's something so meaningful to me, and I feel good everyday knowing that I am contributing to an endeavor that's so worthwhile. The quality of life we enjoy as UCO employees is truly second to none. Not only are we able to achieve that elusive work/life balance that so many people seek in their place of employment, we also have one of the most generous benefits packages around, we have countless opportunities for professional development and career advancement, we promote and embrace an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, we work in an environment of collegiality where creativity is embraced and new ideas have the freedom to flourish, and we have the good fortune to work on a beautiful, historical campus. In UCO, I have found my professional home.

Cons

I truly cannot think of anything negative to say about UCO as an employer.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Central Oklahoma

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Library Technician I in Edmond, OK
    Former Employee - Library Technician I in Edmond, OK

I worked at University of Central Oklahoma part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, great work ethic, flexible hours

Cons

The only con is the slow advancement opportunity and perhaps lower salaries.

2. "Outstanding place to plant your flag!"

Current Employee - Professional Development in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Professional Development in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are outstanding, free wellness center including free group fitness classes, free student personal trainer, free parking, over 200 different types of fauna on campus which is close to being a recognized botanical garden, students are fun to work with, faculty and staff are friendly positive, and helpful, professional development is encouraged and not frowned upon, programs available for personal growth, and UCO is progressive. Oh and the work/life balance is incredible.

Cons

The pay could be better, but UCO invests so much in its employees in so many other ways, it MORE than makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing by investing in your employees, listening to their concerns, and making choices that send UCO in the right direction.