University of Central Oklahoma - A Wonderful place | Glassdoor

"A Wonderful place"

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Edmond, OK
Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

University of Central Oklahoma is a great place to work at. Edmond is also a great place to live in.

Cons

the housing price is expensive. It is not easy for a teacher to buy a house in Edmond. Living cost is high.

University of Central Oklahoma Response

May 13, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Many Thanks for your review! It is great to hear feedback from someone that has been with us for more than 5 years. Edmond is held in high esteem as one of the top 10 suburbs in the USA - hence the ... More

Other Employee Reviews for University of Central Oklahoma

"Great benefits make up for not much room for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

I have been working at University of Central Oklahoma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits--holidays off, tuition waiver, good insurance for employees (although expensive for spouses/family); great education atmosphere and opportunities!

Cons

Not much room for advancement, don't see much accountability for upper management, silo mentality, promotions/opportunities definitely depend on who you know

Advice to Management

Don't just talk about transparency, be transparent! Open up leadership opportunities for more individuals. Base promotions on individual record of service, ability and skill. Give more consideration to internal candidates.

2. "It's true that UCO is one of the nation's Great Colleges to Work For (The Chronicle of Higher Education thinks so, too!)"

Current Employee - Manager Employee Relations in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Manager Employee Relations in Edmond, OK

Pros

Working for this thriving metropolitan University is exceptionally rewarding, especially considering that it is the University's mission to help students learn and become productive and engaged citizens. That's something so meaningful to me, and I feel good everyday knowing that I am contributing to an endeavor that's so worthwhile. The quality of life we enjoy as UCO employees is truly second to none. Not only are we able to achieve that elusive work/life balance that so many people seek in their place of employment, we also have one of the most generous benefits packages around, we have countless opportunities for professional development and career advancement, we promote and embrace an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, we work in an environment of collegiality where creativity is embraced and new ideas have the freedom to flourish, and we have the good fortune to work on a beautiful, historical campus. In UCO, I have found my professional home.

Cons

I truly cannot think of anything negative to say about UCO as an employer.