University of Colorado - building automation, Energy saving program, Using the most advanced energy analysis software and seimens building autom | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Colorado

"building automation, Energy saving program, Using the most advanced energy analysis software and seimens building autom"

Current Employee - BAS in Denver, CO
Current Employee - BAS in Denver, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the job and the workers are very friendly, the profit margin is growing. for full time employees the befits are great, long years experienced peoples worked at the place.

Cons

the position ladder is very long. not able created positions for engineering department, Budgeting questions not get answer for a long periods

Advice to Management

managements open door policies are great to talk any time with scheduled meeting.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Colorado

1. "If you don't have an MA or MS when you accept your position, don't expect to move up."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at University of Colorado full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, but the training is lacking. You can find lots of opportunities to attend talks and other sessions, which are incredibly interesting. Working with students is great and keeps you young!

Cons

Difficult to break through the glass ceiling for pay and promotions if you are viewed as administrative.

Advice to Management

Realize that there is an entrenched hierarchy that is indicative of higher ed and ask your employees how it affects them.

2. "It has been a good experience"

Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO

I have been working at University of Colorado full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay, benefits and opportunities for furthering education and employment. I get to work with people trying to help others improve their lives. We are always looking for ways to help the dept. run smoothly for all concerned with the least amount of trial and error as possible. I'm given a good amount of personal time & vacation time to balance work and leisure in my life to remain fit. I have been active in the employee healthcare site about managing my health. It has been very helpful about diet and exercise, which also effects my psychological and spiritual outlook on life.

Cons

I don't want to mention, I don't always like the people involved in my work. It does challenge me to find ways to look for the good in others which I believe does help me. So I am grateful for those people who do challenge me and my serenity.