University of Connecticut Health Center - 18 years, have no intention of leaving | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Connecticut Health Center

"18 years, have no intention of leaving"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Farmington, CT
Current Employee - Research Analyst in Farmington, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut Health Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

wonderful people to work with. I have worked here 18 years in October. I've been paid by grant, so my job is pretty secure, as long as I work hard, and well. But every 4-5 years it gets scary, what is going to happen to the grant? Is a Republican congress going to cut the budget again, and the NIH is going to get cut, Science is going to get cut, and am I going to lose my job? It almost happened last year. But I was saved, and I have a job for the next 4 years, as long as I do my job well, and a Republican congress doesn't pander to the teaparty.

Cons

parking can be a pain in the butt.

Advice to Management

Be forward thinking, continue the path you're on.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Connecticut Health Center

1. "Professional work environment - heavy on senior management - no advancement"

Current Employee - Management in Farmington, CT
    Current Employee - Management in Farmington, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut Health Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work environment is good - state benefits are very good - other employees are very professional and

Cons

Salary is low - advancement is unheard of - new employees are compensated better than existing employees - lack of transparency - unionization of workforce (even the physicians!)

Advice to Management

Need to focus on employee satisfaction - as well as patient satisfaction

2. "Graduate Assistant"

I have been working at University of Connecticut Health Center part-time

Pros

Great place for a grad student to work, and will help with your tuition. You'll learn a lot, and get your name on some good research projects.

Cons

If you're in one of the satellite offices, it can get isolated really fast. Not too many opportunities for promotion.