University of Connecticut - I love the environment and the people I work with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Connecticut

"I love the environment and the people I work with."

Current Employee - Student Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT
Current Employee - Student Employee in Storrs Mansfield, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a student worker and Uconn is very accomodating to my school scehdule. I am allowed to pick and choose when I work. I am allowed to take time off for summer/spring/thanksgiving/winter break vacations or choose to work full time.

Cons

I can only work 20 hours or less during the school semester. Also, if i were to discontinue my studies at the Univesity of Connecticut I would lose my position here as a student worker.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Connecticut

1. "Professional Staff for 3.5 years. Classification: Program Assistant 2"

Current Employee - Program Assistant II in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Program Assistant II in Stamford, CT

I have been working at University of Connecticut full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Acted as MBA Registrar at a satellite campus; approximate student population: 500 Input course program schedule each semester (PeopleSoft) and published calendar of same offerings.
    Contact for prospective applicants with a focus on achieving successful, quality, enrollment (matriculation) targets each semester. Expedited acquisition of complete and accurate applications by providing support, direction, and continuous status updates regarding outstanding documents.
    As a member of the MBA team, participated with recruiting events, orientations, and commencements
    Produced various reports each semester by way of collection, analysis, and use of enrollment data for internal use and external agencies (i.e.) Businessweek

Cons

During my tenure, the Director, I had been hired by and whom I admired and respected was replaced. I was disappointed; because it was no longer the environment I had originally envisioned when I accepted the position.
    I had been offered a different position a few days prior to this one, it paid more, had a preferable working schedule, greater room for advancement and I didn’t take it because I liked the way the Director ran her Dept.

Advice to Management

I'd encourage weekly Staff meetings with the intention of developing a more efficient environment. Team members should be aware when a staff member is deluged with multiple projects which all have deadline's in close proximity.
     Higher Education has the benefit of student workers and it would be logical to prioritize their weekly assignments to according to staff needs (as opposed to working on miscellaneous projects with no end date).

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

I worked at University of Connecticut full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy going benovolent management culture, beautiful physical plant, great benifits, good pay

Cons

Often understaffed due to political and fiscal limitations