University of Idaho - Excellence in work environment and staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Idaho

"Excellence in work environment and staff"

Current Employee - Research Support Scientist
Current Employee - Research Support Scientist

I have been working at University of Idaho full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, good opportunities. Staff can take classes for a very low fee. Medical & retirement benefits are decent. Staff also have access to "sabbaticals". My supervisor is great - the only reason I have stayed on as long as I have.

Cons

Pay raises are almost non-existent, and usually less than 2% when they occur. Promotions have also been on hold for over 3 years now due to "economics".

Advice to Management

The economy may not be great, but you can't keep good people around forever if you keep stalling promotions & pay raises.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Idaho

"Great place to work."

Pros

It was a very flexible environment and everyone is so nice and great :) People understood when life got in the way, I love how they were so nice to me.

Cons

It gets cold here, and not everything is accessible. More would be done if the school had a bit more money.

Advice to Management

Nothing much, they're doing a good job. I think they know what they're doing, even with my job being such a low one, they still treated me with respect.

"Not bad at all."

Current Employee - Student Researcher
    Current Employee - Student Researcher

Pros

Professors I worked for were working on projects that I found interesting and I can now take that experience elsewhere.

Cons

Senior management is annoying, budget woes the school have faced forever make things unhappy, and sometimes there are people who should be fired, hired, and kept.

Advice to Management

Fire most of the administration, remove platinum parking, decrease administrative numbers compared to faculty, then increase salaries of good professors.