University of Louisville - good university | Glassdoor

"good university"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at University of Louisville full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment, resources,and conditions.Health insurance is good for family and single also.

Cons

Sometime have difficulty to balance the work and family.Have pressure to finish experiments and projects.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Louisville

1. "Fantastic!"

I worked at University of Louisville part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. I loved being able to educate our worlds future leaders, and meet the current faculty.
    Plenty of places to grab a quick snack or enjoy a long lunch.

Cons

Parking is difficult. Traffic is always heavy. Crime is an issue walking to and from car. Eating at the same restaurants every day will get old quick.

Advice to Management

If I was able to provide what they could do better, I would be working in management there.

2. "Excellent, but of course demanding"

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Louisville, KY

I have been working at University of Louisville full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful and friendly professors and staff. A great education incorporated with the medical school. Outstanding, well published, research professors, from all types of backgrounds. A modern and up to date scientific education program. All the perks of being a University of Louisville student, i.e. free bus pass with student ID, etc. Fellowship can be awarded to pay for tuition and living expenses. Finally, Louisville is a vibrant and progressive city with a multitude of restaurants, activities, and an ever-growing outdoor culture..

Cons

parking on the health sciences campus downtown is either expensive or a pain. Though updating the curriculum is necessary, the interim years can be difficult for students. A strong push for academic careers can be stifling, and the information and options of alternative careers is few and far between. (However, still accessible if one knows where to look or who to ask)

Advice to Management

Stick with what you are doing now, its working. But as usual be prepared for changes in the ever changing and competitive game of academic research.