University of Missouri - very difficult | Glassdoor

"very difficult"

Pros

high quality research, good town, many departments and colleges with good collegiality. reasonable pay, flexibility, intellectual freedom about most things.

Cons

Some departments have difficulty in communications, atmosphere overall is very competitive. Difficult in times of poor economy, low level of job security.

Advice to Management

there needs to be more open, tranparent communication between researchers and staff, and more support for graduate students, as well as faculty who teach.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Missouri

1. "Typical food service job."

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

Pros

Flexible schdeling, no late nights, competitive pay, close to campus, etc.

Cons

Food service, short breaks, annoying rules, etc.

Advice to Management

Relax.

2. "Decent Experience, Nice Change"

Pros

It's a very comfortable place to work. I feel appreciated and love working with minimal supervision. I have the freedom to lead my department without feeling like someone is hovering over me.

Cons

The salary offered was not based on the average for my position and they did not take into consideration my past experience.

Advice to Management

Please take into consideration the person's overall experience, not just experience in the specific content area. For example, my experience over the past 3-5 years matches that of a senior executive with more than 10 years of service. Because I have not specifically worked for a department that I was hired for, but was required to perform duties that I've done in the past, I was offered a minimal salary, which turned out to be 50% of the salary I had earned over the past 5 years.