University of Missouri St Louis - Good place to work for some one need work and life blance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Missouri St Louis

"Good place to work for some one need work and life blance"

Current Employee - Researcher in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Researcher in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at University of Missouri St Louis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly people, close relation ship, easy to access facilities

Cons

limited recources or funds available, power outage

Other Employee Reviews for University of Missouri St Louis

"Decent benefits, poor pay."

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at University of Missouri St Louis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The health insurance and prescription coverage are actually pretty good compared to other universities in the area. Also, employees get a decent amount of paid time off, including one sick day a month, four personal days a year, and up to 22 vacation days (in addition to observed holidays.)

Cons

There are three major cons:
    1. There are always budget cuts. This creates a very, very stressful work environment, and when layoffs occur, increases workload for remaining staff members. UMSL is perpetually understaffed.
    2. Pay raises are minimal. In my time at UMSL, the largest annual increase I received was 4%. Several years in a row, there were no increases whatsoever.
    3. Upward mobility is very difficult for staff.

Advice to Management

Allow more opportunities for upward mobility for staff members, and do more (i.e., pay more) to keep the experienced staff you have from taking better-paying jobs at other universities.

2. "Decent"

Former Employee - Student Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Student Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at University of Missouri St Louis part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was there for three years. The staff is incredibly hit or miss. The people I worked with in my second department were high quality, and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The people I worked with in my first department, however, were not. The offices had about the same level of traffic, but the first one had involved front desk clerks that were unbelievably rude, advisors that would trash the students after they left the office, and overall a sense of apathy hung in the air.