University of North Carolina - A very bad experience working at UNC Chapel Hill | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina

"A very bad experience working at UNC Chapel Hill"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Chapel Hill, NC
Current Employee - Lead Developer in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at University of North Carolina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chapel Hill is a nice place to raise a family. Working with and mentoring the best and brightest students from North Carolina and beyond was rewarding and enjoyable.

Cons

Support for my position was non-existent. After my boss was fired for inappropriate relationship with a student, my role went completed unsupported and no one seemed to care what I did from there on out. Once they found someone to take over the program, I was quietly terminated. There was zero support from the Dean, faculty, Chancellor or Vice Chancellor. I was simply expendable. That's how it goes at UNC. If something goes wrong, they sweep it under the rug and impact people's lives adversely in the blink of an eye.

Advice to Management

Leadership and management skills need to be improved. Continuity planning needs to be addressed.

Other Employee Reviews for University of North Carolina

"Employee for 15 years"

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At one time, benefits included free health insurance for individuals and lifetime health insurance coverage for vested retirees. There were also annual cost of living increases and a decent advancement process.

Cons

These benefits have mostly been eliminated in the past few years, along with large numbers of support staff layoffs.

Top level administration has protected its own benefits and perquisites while decimating support staff.

Advice to Management

Accept your responsibility for sharing some of the pain of funding cuts.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Billing & Accounting in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Billing & Accounting in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at University of North Carolina full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, pleasant environment, and I have had an overall great experience as an employee. UNC care's about employee satisfaction!

Cons

Great place to work , no complaints!

Advice to Management

Great place to work,