University of North Carolina - Student Accounts Associate | Glassdoor

"Student Accounts Associate"

Former Contractor - Student Accounts Associate
Former Contractor - Student Accounts Associate

I worked at University of North Carolina as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, great campus, great atmosphere. The students were generally friendly and working with them was a good experience. The managers were good leaders and took suggestions well.

Gives lots of opportunities to students or recent graduates looking for a entry-level job. There are plenty of research jobs available. See the career services for more assistance.

Cons

The parking is terrible. Be sure to take a bus or pay for a parking lot space if you decide to work here. Parking is not guaranteed to employees.

The parents of the students who I helped were very stuck up and entitled. If you are working with parents of UNC students, be prepared to be constantly frustrated with their antics. They will argue with you, refuse to learn information for themselves, demand that you do things that is outside your hands, and argue with you until they get their way .

Advice to Management

Listen to the students about making changes to the websites. The financial websites (tuition, financial aid, department deposits, etc) are very difficult to navigate.

Other Employee Reviews for University of North Carolina

1. "Very flexible, generous, and understanding employer"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, able to set my own hours and location, very supportive supervisor who let me make up hours later if I had big projects for school due, paid tuition and benefits on top of hourly pay

Cons

There were not too many cons involved with working for UNC. Sometimes, the hours were a bit much considering I was also in school full-time. There was not as much supervision as I would have liked, but my supervisor was great and understanding (just busy), so I do not fault her.

2. "Business Services Coordinator"

Current Employee - Business Service Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Service Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at University of North Carolina full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employer offers flexible scheduling. The location is nice.

Cons

Benefits are horrible, salaries are low, limited opportunity for advancement, leadership is poor

Advice to Management

N/A