University of Oregon - I had a great opportunity to move into some project work from my graduate studies. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Oregon

"I had a great opportunity to move into some project work from my graduate studies."

Former Employee - Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant/Grant Writer in Eugene, OR

I worked at University of Oregon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always had the chance and the support I needed to continue building my skills.

Cons

It is challenging to move into regular full time work. There is a lot of competition from the continuous influx of students.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Oregon

1. "Fun People, Boring Work"

Current Employee - Admissions Assistant in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Admissions Assistant in Eugene, OR

I have been working at University of Oregon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment. Very flexible schedule and on campus. Perfect for a student's unpredictable life. Very enjoyable being the center node for all admissions information and processes. Main responsibilities keeping information flowing between departments.

Cons

Work space open to public with history of personal items stolen. Parts of job consisted of database management, which is mind numbing.

2. "Good Place to Start"

Former Employee - Graduate Research Fellow in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Fellow in Eugene, OR

I worked at University of Oregon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, are willing to work around your schedule. Great benefits. If you want to work with very intelligent people that share similar values, this may be a good place to choose.

Cons

Reimbursements can often be a hassle. You sometimes will spend more time dealing with these issues than you might want to. Personal growth is limited if you are not going to get a doctorate.