University of Oregon - The University of Oregon offers a comfortable place to work and the flexibility to pursue your interests. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Oregon

"The University of Oregon offers a comfortable place to work and the flexibility to pursue your interests."

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Assistant Director in Eugene, OR

Pros

The Division of Student Affairs allows me the opportunity to pursue new programs that are best for the students. Though each office under the umbrella of this division is unique, the leadership of many of the offices that I network with routinely is supportive of allowing members of their staff to be on the frontier of better programming.

The salary and benefits package is acceptable. With health insurance costs rising and many private companies offering high-priced, low-coverage packages, I am very satisfied with this benefit. If you were simply view my salary you would not be overly impressed. However, the cost of living here makes the salary more than adequate. The other issue with salary is that some staff members in similar positions have different pay for similar work.

Cons

Information Services is a barrier to success. Formerly Computing Services, by and large the services being provided by them are terribly sub-standard. I and many of my colleagues are forced to do without software improvements that would have increased efficiency or we must work around Information Services to obtain the software we "need" to progress. I am hopeful that a recent change in the administration will be able to focus attention on this inadequacy.

The possibility for career advancement is adequate. However, the path to advancement is not clearly defined. Senior Management does not appear to communicate the steps a staff member should take to increase their likelihood for advancement.

Advice to Management

Senior Managers would increase their worth by providing a more clear strategic plan and direction to their divisions and offices. Even providing a single goal that we should pursue would be a strong step forward.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Oregon

1. "Lab Technician"

I worked at University of Oregon full-time

Pros

Great location, flexible working hours, nice work environment

Cons

No cons to report on.

Advice to Management

No advice to management to report on.

2. "Great student opportunities"

Pros

Jobs in campus cafes were only for students therefore you had a great community of coworkers who had similar experiences. It was a great way to get barista experience for other jobs in future

Cons

You could only work 25 hours a week because of student status even though I would have liked to work more