University of Phoenix - Going through rapid changes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

"Going through rapid changes"

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great fellow employees,excellent benefits,good training,provides good education for their students,excellent faculty

Cons

extreme micromanagement and pressure to produce results, huge turnover in lower and middle management,(not through promotion) some managers were not ready to manage people effectively. Moved people around like pawns in a chess game.

Advice to Management

change the negative coaching system

Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix

"Has changed over the last few years"

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice culture and benefits are very good. Education is completely covered aside of reading materials which isn't bad. Can choose your schedule although you do have to have one late day a week and there is a Saturday coverage rotation. Get to help people make a difference in their life by furthering their education. Pay is one of the highest among this positions at other schools. Lots of development! I feel very prepared to do a lot of things after all the trainings and experiences I have had here.

Cons

Told to do one thing but expected to do another: do what is in the best interest of the student but need to enroll many students each month. Micro managed like crazy: each day must have many dials, hours of talk time, be available for calls, and generate referrals. You are questioned if one of these is low. There are even times you have to IM others you are leaving your desk to get coffee or use the restroom. Must work at least one evening a week and rotate Saturday shifts. No overtime. People you talk to on the phone can be very rude and it can be frustrating when students give up for silly reasons or manipulate government funding.

Advice to Management

Don't micro-manage! Mean what you say. If you want me to focus on having quality conversations with students, dont write me up for not enrolling enough students for the quarter.

2. "I do contact work for UOP, and the support is great."

Current Contractor - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

The University of Phoenix has a very professional atmosphere, excellent setup, and you can work at home. I enjoy meeting students from all over the world. The classroom is set up for immediate access to class materials. There is a wonderful online library. UOP offers excellent pay and retirement benefits. There is excellent visionary leadership in Bill Pepicello.

Cons

There are very few solicitations and opportunities for work. I have been employed with them for 6 years, and my first few years were very busy. I even trained future faculty members, but that has since declined.

Advice to Management

None