University of Phoenix - A position that really helps student become full time adults and full time students. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

"A position that really helps student become full time adults and full time students."

Current Employee - Customer Resource Specialist in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Customer Resource Specialist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A resource specialist is part of a team that can really make a difference for an adult student. This is a great company that believes in the value of education in society.

Cons

The position is still being established nation wide, which translate to there is not straight career path to move up or gain raises.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix

1. "The good, the bad, the ugly"

Current Employee - Advisor
    Current Employee - Advisor

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time

Pros

The pros of this school is that they are really for the students success. Sometimes a little too much.

Cons

Since the Department of Ed forbids schools to use Student Retention as a way to measure employees, UOPX still manages to put heavy pressure on their Advisors during the 1-on-1's with their boss. I believe in being coachable is a very important factor, but I am very unhappy how UOPX masks inappropriate measurements with thier "passion" for student success. With the closure of tons of campuses in October, I do not feel safe staying here nor do I see any progression.
    Opportunities are incredibly limited unless you want to move to Arizona. Additionally, the measurements used in our phone conversation with students that makes the "Advisor" postion feel more like a Call Center job.

Advice to Management

Stop masking Student Retention with "Student Success." Though I understand that the business aspect is important, but the measurements should never be done by the individual Advisor, but the campus itselft. Otherwise, you are continuously making your employees feel like they will never succeed. Additional, the "Career Progression" tool is only useful if you live in Phoenix and not anwhere else.

2. "Finance Advisor"

Current Employee - Finance Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Finance Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is my first job out of college and I feel I have learned a lot about working in a professional setting. I am also very appreciative of the MBA degree I obtained here. I am grateful for everything that University of Phoenix has done for their employees.

Cons

There isn't much room for moving up anymore. I don't feel that this is the fault of the company.