University of Phoenix - One of the best jobs I ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

"One of the best jobs I ever had."

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal growth and educational advancements.

Cons

Not enough employee's to do all the work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to help complete the work.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix

"Poor management, poor employee morale"

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are great and are willing to lend a hand when asked.
    Incentives to team build off campus can break up the day, but do not happen often.
    Pay is slightly above poverty line and company provides cost of living increases.
    You have air conditioning.

Cons

Micro-management at its finest. Managers were hired based upon their previous ability to enroll. Unfortunately, times have changed and students have as well. The company wants to hire quantity over quality and sacrifices the academic value of their programs. The employee morale is the worse and there doesn't seem to be a way to improve their attitudes. In fact, often the thing that gets people through the day is complaining about how poor the company is. University of Phoenix recognizes it has competitors but has done little to stay above the rest. Many managers state that we are the "Mercedes of Education!" I got news for you.... education is not a car. I would not even recommend to stay at the organization for the educational benefits, the classes are a joke and not a great representation of academic aptitude. I hope fellow colleagues can get out fast! This ship is sinking!!!!

Advice to Management

This company is just a stop to something better. The ship is sinking and the tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Its okay for those just graduating, but if you can avoid signing the dotted line-- do it!

2. "Company on the Decline"

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in South Jordan, UT

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was able to help students with getting their careers going which was rewarding. Decent benefits package. Great benefit on tuition reduction.

Cons

Their is no chance for raises or promotions. The company is slowly dying and moving everything to online and is continually downgrading staff. Company has no respect for their employees. I was fired without any cause and i'm not just saying that. They literally couldn't tell me why is was being let go. really low morals for a corporation.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they have value. Lower level managers are forcing employees to use strategies that are illegal and violate federal regulations