University of Phoenix - Ppar | Glassdoor

"Ppar"

Current Employee - Online Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Online Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Training and upgrading faculty skills; commitment to student success; the latest in online technology; excellent faculty and student resources; salary based on years of service, good standing and educational level, and frequent faculty assessment for self-improvement.

Cons

Learning platform has frequent changes and courses are revised. This causes course preparation to be outdated quickly while faculty is scrambling to meet new course requirements; sometimes technological issues are not totally worked out before going "live." It can be difficult to determine who one's immediate supervisor is, there are so many staff members reviewing you. Information is often rapid fire, and it is easy to miss important news or details.

Advice to Management

I understand management cannot share all information with employees, but it is often difficult to determine criteria for hiring or advancement, both of which seem to occur in-house rather than through interview. Many of the faculty feel loyalty is one-sided.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix

1. "if you want to climb the corporate ladder, do not work here"

Former Employee - Finance Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Finance Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

healthcare, gym membership, easy job

Cons

no upward mobility, no raises, no options. I have never felt more hopeless in a position. Middle management is under-qualified and worthless. Executives are disconnected. Managers have no power. Bosses try to force you to be friends with everyone, like you're children. No one is ever fired, therefore bad employees are kept around making the same salaries as great employees. As a result, the best employees stop working hard and do bare minimum. All of the best employees are quitting. There is constant tension and frustration. Employees are treated like children. "Values" are forced on the employees such as "treat others as you would like to be treated," yet employees are treated like numbers and sheep. If you have any sort of intelligence level or yearning to work your way up the corporate ladder, do not work here. Salary freeze, promotion freeze.

Advice to Management

Start firing bad employees. Morale drops when good employees are not rewarded for good work and receive he same compensation as those who do bare minimum. Talk to your employees. Stop forcing "values" on employees. I VALUE having income, therefore i VALUE my job. Do not tell me how to be a good person. You cant keep employees with no hope of raises or promotions. This company is going to run itself into the ground.

2. "5 years"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at the University for 5 years. The employees are friendly. Obtaining a degree is basically free, you have to pay a resource fee of $80 a class but this is virtually nothing. They pay relatively well.

Cons

Nothing to say, I have worked here for 5 years and feel like I am stuck in the position I am in now. Management is never fired no matter how horrible they are.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at the managers running the TAC and fire the ones that don't perform.