University of Southern California - Supportive, kind and, most important really interested in each individual's professional development | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Southern California

"Supportive, kind and, most important really interested in each individual's professional development"

Current Employee - Associate Adjunct Professor in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Associate Adjunct Professor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

See above. All resources needed to create an excellent academic experience within which to teach and mentor students is provided.

Cons

the department in which I teach is very big and therefore it is often difficult to maintain contact with all of my colleagues. That issue is minor compared to the support available.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Southern California

1. "Dope"

Current Employee - Equipment Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Equipment Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love what they do. The Physical Education Department if full of hig-energy fit emplouyees. They make my every day wonderful.

Cons

There is not much wrong except with the fact that there isnt more for the Equipment Manager to do. More hours at a higher salary would be wonderful.

"Joke science, joke students, terrible administration"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice weather but that's about it.

Cons

The students are low calibre and largely just rich kids at university because it's what you do, not here to learn and get ahead.
    Terrible department structures and pay.
    Little to no management.
    Awful research environment as there is little equipment and the University is poorly funded for life sciences research.
    Feel like we can't make a difference and postdocs are treated like students.

Advice to Management

Get some better Asst. Profs. Really low impact staff. Some can't even speak English properly.