University of Southern California - Research environment is great for graduate programs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for University of Southern California

"Research environment is great for graduate programs."

Current Employee - PhD Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - PhD Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to choose a great advisor, was free choosing research directions. Research environment is great. I am also be able to approach to courses from other departments. TA workload has been much improved since when I started my program.

Cons

Tuition fees are very expensive even with Americans. Fortunately, I got full TA/RAship.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Southern California

1. "Awesome group of people!"

Pros

The staff is awesome! I really enjoy working at the Marshall Admissions Office as a student intern. Everyone is very supportive and open to helping you out.

Cons

There's not really a downside except for the high bureaucracy. It's hard to have much autonomy because there are set ways of doing things.

2. "USC is a great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California full-time

Pros

Work with the brightest people in the world. USC also has very great benefits and is the largest private employer in the county of Los Angeles in California.

Cons

Great variation in culture from school to school and department to department. Be sure to understand what you're getting into.

Advice to Management

Remember it's hard to know what's going on at the front line (employees whose main responsibility is working directly with students, faculty, or the other relevant "customers" of your department). So think about how to motivate front-line staff by listening well to them. And if your direct reports are not on the front line, understand that they may be giving you a distorted picture of what the experience is like on the front line.