University of Virginia Health System - ok | Glassdoor

"ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits
good people to with with
flexible working environment

Cons

a lot of work to go around with no incentive to do better than your coworkers because they don't give individual raises in my department

Advice to Management

get it together. You lose good employees because there is no incentive to stay

Other Employee Reviews for University of Virginia Health System

"Good people, Bad Management"

Former Employee - CNA in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - CNA in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at University of Virginia Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s a job. Good benefits, OK pay .

Cons

I guess it depends on the unit you working at. The hospital, in general is not friendly. All the nurses talking smack about each other and have the fake smile on. Nurses think of themselves as intelligent, smart, thin, and thin that Patient tech are stupid and fat. Doctors are another story. They think everybody is stupid and they know everything.
    This miscommunication and misunderstanding of staff to each other makes the job way harder than what it seems. Management sits in their office and write positive reviews for nurses that been in private dinner with, bad reviews for nurses who are not invited to that dinner party. (It’s a good ole girls club) and Patient Techs not invited. In addition to that, there is a competition between old nurses who are not willing to retire, or go to nursing home “since they are over 70 years old each” and the new nurses who they want to prove to their supervisors that they actually working.
    The nurse supervisors surround themselves with “Trusted” nurses who are “Spying” on other nurses, Techs and make a good tea party conversation about it.
    No parking at all

Advice to Management

do not surround with a handful of nurses. get off you fat chair and meet with other staff.

2. "Summer Administrative Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at University of Virginia Health System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience was absolutely wonderful. I was a Master's student at the time of my internship, and the projects I worked on reflected that. I had internships in Undergrad where I would file documents, answer phones, data entry spreadsheets, etc... This internship offered my the opportunity to manage my own projects and do actual work with real deliverables. The company overall was a great place to work, with a great culture and completely devoted to patient care, quality and safety.

Cons

The medical center is so physically large, that it took me a good few weeks to really understand how to get around.