University of Washington - Amazing place to be | Glassdoor

"Amazing place to be"

Pros

I love working at the UW. Not only do I get to enjoy a lot of flexibility, autonomy and be a part of something bigger but I also get to work with students every day. Benefits are wonder

Cons

While we have great benefits, the salaries are fairly low compared to private industry. However, the flexibility of the job makes up for the lower salaries.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Washington

1. "IT help"

I have been working at University of Washington part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours and nice management

Cons

unorganized training, meaning in work

2. "Good experience but it really depends on what type of job and what kind of supervisor you have."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at University of Washington full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits/retirement, etc. Some opportunity for advancement/classes (depending on where you are and who your supervisor is). Some depts offer discretionary leave in lieu of raise freeze.

Cons

Raise freeze going into the 5th year. A lot of work and pressure to perform with increased volume without raises but yet increase in parking fees and most times insurance premiums and taxes so ultimately, you end up making less each year. Minimal room for advancement if you have reached the top of your salary range and/or topped out in your current field and limited support/approval to reclass/reallocate current position to a higher level. May make more working in the private sector.