Unum - Solid Company | Glassdoor

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Director in Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Director in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Solid company with opportunity for growth. I have seen personal and professional growth in my time with the company and have seen other succeed as well. It is not a place to get a free ride but if you are wiling to put effort into your job there is reward available.

Cons

The corporate cultre is very slow in decision making, even though you get good personal and professional grownth sometimes limited opportunity for promotions.

Advice to Management

Continue the efforts that you have started. Continue to expand our offering and find ways for our organization to increase good quality sales.

Other Employee Reviews for Unum

"Go elsewhere"

Current Employee - DBS in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - DBS in Glendale, CA

Pros

Good PTO
    Dental, Mental, and Vision
    LTD/STD

Cons

If you wish to have a career do not come here. Unum is not the place if you wish to move up the corporate later. They lie about career mobility here. They usually hire a bunch of bright individuals but they quickly leave the company once they realize that there are no benefits to working here besides taking home a paycheck. Unum has also had issues with sexism. There are barely any females in upper management. The only good thing about this place is the PTO and trust me you will need it.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with actual leadership skills. Stop lying to potiential employees about how the company promotes. If

"Good Pay. Interesting work"

Current Employee - Intern in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Intern in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

Great projects
    Insightful and pleasant manager
    Great opportunities
    Opportunity for professional development
    Overall a great summer internship experience. Included field office visit in Atlanta

Cons

Chattanooga in not my favorite city
    Atmosphere is more casual than I desired
    Sometimes ran out of work
     It would have been better if I could have worked for 3 months instead of 2.

Advice to Management

I could have used a little more analytical work but I know it was hard finding projects that were both not over my head but still challenging.