Update Legal - It beats waiting tables | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Update Legal

"It beats waiting tables"

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Contract Attorney in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Flexibility is nice, but let's face it...Doc review is not what you went to law school for. I haven't really found Update Legal to be any worse or any better than some of the other legal temp firms out there. However, I don't get the sense that they are well managed, nor do I feel that they try very hard to find you job placements.

Cons

SF management seems to have abandoned ship. As a result I think there are some mid level managers who are running the show, trying their best, but falling short in terms of responsiveness and actual help with job placement.

Advice to Management

More contacts at big firms would probably equal more review gigs. Might have to recruit some associates with friends at the top shops.

Other Employee Reviews for Update Legal

1. "Great legal temporary/contract agency"

I have been working at Update Legal full-time

Pros

Very easy to work with the people at Update Legal; they are very good at what they do, responsive, and flexible to work with. They carefully screen applicants to make sure that the fit is right for their client, which helps everyone involved. Very professional .

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

2. "Great place to start"

I have been working at Update Legal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is really friendly. Great people to work with.

Cons

Leadership is sometimes lacking. Not a lot of transparency. Upper management has favorites, if you are not one of them you will essentially be ignored or scrutinized. A lot of drama and politics. High turnover rate, poor compensation. Major downsizing has now happened twice within a year. Spinning this as a good thing. People doing too many jobs and not even getting paid for one.