Uplift Education - The Ole Switcheroo | Glassdoor

"The Ole Switcheroo"

Pros

-Awesome students that want to learn
-Co-workers that are encouraging and engaging

Cons

-They had me do a stupid summer training that they told me they were going to pay me to go to but did not. Instead they said since I am getting paid for the month of December even though there is time off I will not get paid for the month of July that I worked. Essentially I will be working for 13 months of pay and only getting paid for 12 months of pay.

-They don't plan things out and everything is last minute. It comes down to a lot of work for the teachers and not a lot of recognition for said work. Unless you are a bionic person with no home life this job will suck all of your time and energy from you and leave you counting down the days to any type of vacation including a snow day.

Advice to Management

Don' t lie to your teachers to get them there and then tell us how much you take care of your teachers. If by taking care of us you mean not paying us for the first two months that we work there and then shorting us on our first check then yeah keep "taking care" of us.

Other Employee Reviews for Uplift Education

1. "sfactory"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Dallas, TX
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Uplift Education (More than 3 years)

Pros

good in theory no realistic

Cons

the worse school i have ever seen They control every aspect of a teacher. It feels like a cult and everything is micromanaged. Everyone is stressed out and teachers are overworked, cry a lot and they don't have a life. They work long hours and management is never satisfy with anything. Everyone plans to leave within 4 weeks of teaching. They want the kids to be scholar minded, but they don't have the academic backing to help students. Most of the students can hardly read or write well at average level. First year teachers cannot handle the burden this institution places on them and when they finally get good teacher they patronize them and make them mad so they leave.

Advice to Management

Need to stop controlling teachers and overworking them. They need to hire managements with experience in dealing with demographics needs and culture. They also need to hire coaches and deans that have experience with new teachers and can provide real support. Quit training people as a form of indoctrination. It feels like a cult. Bad management and faulty curriculum that doesn't do anything to fix the gap for minorities. Education supposed to be flexible and open to accept all types of teachers and style of teachings. Stop living in fantasy and realize the real problem here is control and do something else. Stop the long hours and provide better services for teacher support such as substitute teachers, less demands on employees and more programs to access the real problem in the curriculum. Stop putting 20' years old in a place of leadership and coaching when they lack experience about how to really manage people. People leave mostly because of poor management and exhaustion. Do something

"teacher"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

A great supportive environment for first year teachers and those that are fairly new to the profession. Family/team atmosphere. Administration is very supportive. They provide many opportunities to move up into leadership roles and positions.

Cons

substitutes are hard to come by and you are constantly having to cover classes during your much needed planning time