Upsher-Smith - This is a great place to work, but better pay for top performers would make it even better. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Upsher-Smith

"This is a great place to work, but better pay for top performers would make it even better."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

Pros

The senior management was great. Most of the senior managers were lifers - they had all started out in entry level positions and worked their way up the ladder - very unique today! There do seem to be good opportunities for advancement at USL

Cons

Salary was low - for my position at least. But it has been a few years since I worked there, so this may have been addressed. My issue with salary is that, as a top performer, there seemed to be minimal bonus associated with my performance. The ability to quantify sales was also suspect and may be a reason that bonuses were not that great. Products were not sexy to sell.

Advice to Management

Good sales people are motivated by making money - don't be afraid to pay lower level sales reps for great performance!

Other Employee Reviews for Upsher-Smith

1. "Product Management"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Upsher-Smith as an intern

Pros

I was able to work on a solid team as well as contribute to other departments within the business. There was also a very unique and fun work environment.

Cons

There was not a clear goal set for the interns, nor was there talk of hiring after the internship. It could have been nice to shadow in other areas of the business.

Advice to Management

Create a greater outline of the goals that they want the interns to achieve. Have positions available after internship for an incentive for the intern to work harder.

2. "Sales"

I worked at Upsher-Smith full-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

Management seems to dive into new direction w/o considering the fallout of failed plans