Upstat Marketing - Incredible opportunity to grow as a person and earn great money | Glassdoor
  1. "Incredible opportunity to grow as a person and earn great money"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Upstat Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Uncapped growth potential, developing the most important skill in any marketplace (skills), opportunity to make over six figures in your first year, incredible team, world class management

Cons

Pure commission (I can argue that it’s actually a huge PRO but people view it as a con)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Upstat Marketing2019-05-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to grow on a personal and professional level!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Upstat Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

This job has changed my outlook on the world in the most profound way. I have learned so much in the two months I’ve worked at Upstat, more than I’ve learned in 4 years of University. The people at Upstat have impacted my life in such a positive manner. My team lead has contributed highly to my success at Upstat, especially on the days where I am able to reach my sales goals (beat my personal bests), and overall has... helped me maintain a positive outlook on life. I am so grateful for his dedication in making me into a better closer!

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Upstat Marketing2019-08-26
  2. "Lip service company that plays games with peoples' lives"

Former Freelancer - D2D Sales in Windsor, ON

I worked at Upstat Marketing for less than a year

Pros

They pay for training pretty well They sometimes shuttle you around in their company vehicle

Cons

So-called CEO Mike Pritchard is shady in the way they do their presentations to customers including saying it's "megabytes per second" when it's really "megabits per second." They also mislead potential customers with false advertising telling potential clients that they get battery backup routers but this was at least a lie in my case because mine didn't have it. They also lie and say you have 10 days after... activation to cancel the service without penalty. Upstat marketing's hiring practices are also probably illegal in that they blatantly advertise on their Facebook site that they are looking for "30 and under sales reps." I wouldn't work for them if my life depended on it and Upstar's telecom clients should realize what is going on with their affiliates.

Advice to Management

Let's not play from the "1984" manual and look for innocent young kids to do your dirty work. Play fair from the start and don't play the "we're honest company" when in day 2 of training you start telling people to mislead potential customers.

Upstat Marketing2019-07-02

Upstat Marketing Response

July 4, 2019Founder

Hey, I’m glad you enjoyed the training pay. Can’t take credit for giving rides to the office though, because we don’t actually do that. As far as your grievances, there are 8 bits in a byte and it’s the Phone modem that has an 8 hour battery backup not the internet router. I imagine these things would have been cleared up pretty well if your training was completed but I’m sorry you weren’t able find your place here. We wish you the best!

Discover more reviews about Upstat Marketing.